- What does the expression good for you mean?
- What does you can’t swing a cat without hitting a narcissist mean?
- Is saying good for you rude?
- What are the rules of swinging?
- What is the meaning of swing up?
- Who said swing for the fences?
- What does the saying not enough room to swing a cat mean?
- What can I say instead of good for you?
- What does good enough to swing on you mean?
- What does it mean to swing by?
- What does it mean to swing for the fences?
- What does it mean when a guy says I’m not good for you?
- Is it healthy to swing in a relationship?
- What does swing for the bleachers mean?
What does the expression good for you mean?
Definition of good for (someone or something) 1 —used to express approval of someone”I passed the exam!” “Good for you!””He got the job.” “Good for him!” 2 : resulting in something good or desirable for (someone or something) Regular exercise is good for you..
What does you can’t swing a cat without hitting a narcissist mean?
what does it mean in English ? It means that some group/sort of people is too much in some place. For example: You can’t swing a dead cat in Hollywood without hitting a celebrity.
Is saying good for you rude?
The US English phrase Good for you! is an informal way to say congratulations. Using Good for you! sarcastically would be very, very rude of course. You would know it is sarcasm from the unpleasant sound of the person’s voice.
What are the rules of swinging?
The 7 golden rules for modern day swingingDo not ask if you are better in bed than their spouse/partner.Do not talk about their spouse/partner.Do not complain about your own spouse/partner, especially with reference to his or her prowess in the bedroom.Make sure you have washed beforehand.More items…•
What is the meaning of swing up?
Swing up means that something is going up suddenly. Example: you swing your arm up, meaning that you raise your arm suddenly.
Who said swing for the fences?
Yogi Berra10 Yogi Berra quotes that will inspire you to always swing for the fences. Yogi Berra in 1956.
What does the saying not enough room to swing a cat mean?
Very little space, cramped quarters, as in There’s not enough room to swing a cat in this tent. This expression, first recorded in 1771, is thought to allude to the cat-o’-nine-tails, or “cat,” a whip with nine lashes widely used to punish offenders in the British military.
What can I say instead of good for you?
40 Ways to Say “Good for You!”That’s really nice.Wow! That’s great!I like the way you’re working.Keep up the good work.That’s quite an improvement.Much better.Keep it up.What neat work!More items…
What does good enough to swing on you mean?
To swing on someone means to be the first person to throw a punch, strike out, or hit the other person.
What does it mean to swing by?
US, informal. : to make a brief visit I’ll swing by after work to drop off the paperwork.
What does it mean to swing for the fences?
“Swing for the fences” is an attempt to earn substantial returns in the stock market with bold bets. The term “swing for the fences” has its origins in baseball. Batters who swing for the fences try to hit the ball over the fence to score a home run.
What does it mean when a guy says I’m not good for you?
He genuinely thinks he’s a bad influence It could be the way you might be perceived by being associated with him and he doesn’t want you to go through that. Thus saying ‘I’m not good for you’ is a way to push you away.
Is it healthy to swing in a relationship?
Swinging Can Add Healthy (Yep, Healthy) Excitement to Your Relationship, According to a Psychotherapist. … And while keeping an open mind to the swingers’ lifestyle won’t necessarily be so integral to the health of your relationship, checking in with yourself about your preferences might be a worthy exercise.
What does swing for the bleachers mean?
1. In baseball, to put all of one’s power into one’s swing while batting so as to hit a home run. A less common variant of “swing for the fences.” All they need is two more runs to win the game, so you can bet their star batter will come out swinging for the fences.